Monday, September 11, 2006

It begins

I got up at six this morning and did not reset the alarm and go back to sleep. After months of making excuses and talking about it and doing research and reading and putting it off, I started writing my comic book. It's about a rock band who gets kidnapped and marooned in another galaxy. Before I had to leave for work, I plotted two pages (the prologue), and I am totally stoked. I was pissed that I had to leave it. Stephen King talks about how his job is basically to play pretend for eight hours a day, and I now I know what he's talking about.

--The Robo-Pirate

2 comments:

andrew m. said...

nice.

good luck with it. had some good ideas for one of my own a ways back but then i talked about to too many people and, well... you know how that goes.

like your idea though. that you were disappointed when you had to cut it short to make it to the job shows you're digging it too. much luck to you.

by the by, saw a pic of your back piece on the myspace thingy. holy crap, that thing is huge! looks great too - some serious art work there. i'm a tad jealous.

Getting rid of my beer gut said...

Thanks! And maybe someday I'll get it finished!